Thursday, November 9, 2017

Challenge - Moving Along with the Times

Morning my fellow crafters! Today starts a new challenge over at
The theme is trees, so below is my example. Of course with Christmas around the corner, my card is Christmas tree themed, lol,
I did a watercolor for this card, stamped it with Adirondack black pigment ink, and heat embossed the image with clear powder. Next I used my water soluble markers, specifically Tombow markers...
Above are the exact colors I used. You could use any brand of water soluble markers, such as Stampin' Up or Distress markers. The nice thing, is that clean up is easy. Since the darker markers really leave intense color, I scribbled a bit on my table and picked up the color with my water pen, so as to be able to soften the shade. Clean up happened with soap and water!
Next step is assembly. I used Washi tape for the strip down the card, then used the same Washi tape to cover a mat that I cut out for the saying. This way everything co-ordinated.
The final step was adding glitter because I mean lets' fact it, what is a winter wonderland without some glistening white stuff, lol.
Hope you enjoy the card and don't forget to hop on over and partake in the challenge.
As always, Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Fab card Jodie. Love the scene you've created Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodie, this is a gorgeous card Thank you, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Jodie, love the colouring

    June/Team B x

    ReplyDelete